Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-10-26 09:47:17

zenbiddie

hello fellow shakuhachi disciples

been lurking on this site for a bit and my shakuhachi teacher suggested i sign up. been learning shakuhachi for almost a year and it gets very frustrating at times. just started practicing shakura a few weeks ago which is fun to play with all the ups and downs. happy to be learning more interesting pieces. also started practicing with "musicality" (playing familiar song with ebb and flow of the breath rather than uniform volume). breathing can be as frustrating as fingering/head tilt. always so much to remember, so much to refine. it never ends!

#2 2010-10-26 10:25:00

edosan
Edomologist

Re: hello fellow shakuhachi disciples

zenbiddie wrote:

been lurking on this site for a bit and my shakuhachi teacher suggested i sign up. been learning shakuhachi for almost a year and it gets very frustrating at times. just started practicing shakura a few weeks ago which is fun to play with all the ups and downs. happy to be learning more interesting pieces. also started practicing with "musicality" (playing familiar song with ebb and flow of the breath rather than uniform volume). breathing can be as frustrating as fingering/head tilt. always so much to remember, so much to refine. it never ends!

Welcome, zenbiddie, and very well summarized; I think you covered all of it... smile

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer